Saturday, December 3, 2011

DRUNK

A picture of my almost 40 years:  LISTEN AND OBEY.  DARE AND DEFY. WEIGH AND CONSIDER. DO OR DIE.  
*****
I went from:  SUNNY to DEFIANT to SOBER...now, FEARLESS.
*****
The good thing about aging is the "DRUNKEN" feeling -- you do the thing, and pretend quite successfully it didn't happen.
*****
Some think of midlife crisis as really that -- crisis!  But, it's really a time of reDISCOVERY, of an old self denied, or a new self unseen.
*****
I never thought I could be right HERE, right NOW...breaking all the rules.  I couldn't help it.
*****
My friend said I outran myself.  She's right.  I want to have ALL that life has to offer.
*****
Wandering.  I want to taste LIFE and discover what is that one thing that will render me BREATHLESS...
*****
PLAY.  WORK.  LOVE.  PRAY.  I wanted life to be this simple.  But life is COMPLICATED, and I'm not really meant for the simple life.
*****
There's more to life than peace and quiet.  I know that now.  Giving breath to the TRUE self, unrestrained by conventions, matters.
*****
I have no idea how far would I go.  But one thing is certain:  I OUGHT to CELEBRATE life.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment